[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

James Thomas Snell james at dawning.ca
Mon Sep 24 20:58:11 GMT 2007

I just joined this mail list about three hours ago - but I think I've
already seen enough to feel inclinded to say:

It seems perfectly acceptable to me to collect unpersonalized stats ONLY IF
the blog administrator manually enables such functionality. Perhaps it's
already been suggested, but why not add a step to the upgrade.php script
that provides an unchecked check box asking the admin to check it if they
wish to donate statistics? Perhaps this functionality could be accessed as a
plugin that can be controlled at the admin's will?

Sorry if I'm jumping in too soon here, I really don't have the time to go
back through the log of the previous messages. But maybe that there is a yet
to be made suggestion.

Cheers friends,
  JT