[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin update & security / privacy

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Mon Sep 24 06:19:18 GMT 2007

This is exactly why I said in the "automatic user feedback" thread that
we should not tie version check with statistical gathering.

those are to different functions, with different importance and
characteristics.

version check should be turned on by default, statistics gathering
should be opt-in.

the fact that they somewhat overlap and that it's tempting to merge them
does not mean it's a good idea to do so.