[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin to post source code needs testing

Bas Bosman wordpress at nazgul.nu
Wed Sep 19 19:52:26 GMT 2007

Another option would be to store the GeShi result in the
"post_content_filtered" field, which is still part of the posts table.

Whenever somebody requests the content, you return the filtered content by
hooking into the required filters.

If you deactivate the plugin, the original (unprocessed) content is once
again used. And you can even use the deactivate hook to clean up your
post_content_filtered data. (And genereate it for already existing posts
on activate)

Regards,
Bas Bosman (Nazgul)