[wp-hackers] Plugin to post source code needs testing

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Tue Sep 18 10:17:56 GMT 2007

There are some cross-browser issues (that's why I prefer server-side
formatting...):

On Internet Explorer, line numbers aren't preceeded by zero. In Opera, they
are:
1, 2, 3... verses 01, 02, 03

In IE, If the text scrolls off the screen, it will get a scrollbar to keep
on going without breaking. The problem is, this totally ruins the height of
the box. In Opera, the tex wraps to the next line.

I don't know if you can do anything about them or if you are planning on
sticking to the default code from the Google project page.u

On 9/10/07, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:

> After I saw Matt's post on WP.com (
> http://wordpress.com/blog/2007/09/03/posting-source-code/ ), I jumped the
> gun and threw together a plugin to replicate that for us running
> self-hosted
> blogs.
>
> Matt saw my post to wp-hackers and replied that we should combine our
> efforts:
> http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2007-September/014324.html
>
> He pastebin'ed me his code and boy am I glad he did. My plugin was missing
> lot, but also featured some things his was missing. You know the saying --
> two heads are better than one. ;)
>
> Anyway, I've tested it with both TinyMCE and without and it seems to work
> great, but I wanted some more testing from you guys before I put my "done"
> mark on it.
>
> You can check out a copy via SVN if you'd like:
> http://svn.wp-plugins.org/syntaxhighlighter/trunk
>
> Feedback appreciated.
>
> --
> Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/