[wp-hackers] Feedback on reCAPTCHA plugin

Mike Crawford mike.crawford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:18:23 GMT 2007

Thanks Jennifer, we had thought about this but didn't have time to implement
- hopefully we'll have it in the next major revision.

There is a specific optimization that would be nice, but I can't figure out
how to do it with the available hooks.  Currently, if the reCAPTCHA guess is
incorrect, the comment is still processed and stored temporarily in the
database.  Only at the last moment before showing the comment page with the
error message is it deleted from the database.  Does anyone know how to stop
it before new_comment is called?  It looks like this would break
comments-post.php though.