[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Marci O'Daffer marci at odaffer.net
Fri Jun 22 08:49:04 GMT 2007

Still in the Links camp am I, and I have to agree with Scot, Leonid and
Charles. You don't put bookmarks on a website to take you to other people's
websites. You put them in  your browser to take you back to places you've
been. Links might be the LCD of all our options, but the term is  the most
logical to the most people. And frankly as designers and developers, we
design and develop for LCD users. If they knew what they were doing, why
would they hire us?

As for the confusion over links in posts or links in the sidebar (and
repeated questions in the forums), won't that still exist with Bookmarks?
The forum is the place to ask and answer the same questions over and over
and over, ad nauseum....what else is new? Calling the Blogroll "Bookmarks"
won't clarify anything for the terminally confused or the newbies....they
will think they are making bookmarks that somehow get magically ported to
their browser...or someone else's browser....or into their wordprocessing
program....who knows....and come to the forum wondering why they aren't
showing up wherever they expect them! As long as WP is so easy to use, we
will deal with noobs and just plain yahoos. We were all noobs once too,
remember? (But never yahoos. ;-))

All the arguments for bookmarks are almost persuasive, but ultimately Links
is still my leaning. :)

Marci :)