[wp-hackers] Proposal: System test page

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Mon Jun 18 19:39:21 GMT 2007

No need for that.

I don't know how you create the distributed archive right now, but if
you will use some script to do it you will have a place to do some nice
things, for example:

* replacing some macros in the code, version number is a typical example.

* creating the md5 list file prior to distributing.

I use this simple script to generate the list file (which takes the
directory with the files as an argument) :

md5list.sh:

#!/bin/bash

cd $1
for i in $( find -type f); do
        FILE=${i:2}
        echo `md5sum -b $FILE` >> md5.lst
done

you can use the from my systest page to validate the files.