[wp-hackers] WP-Hackers on Google Groups

Joey B tunicwriter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:27:46 GMT 2006

On 10/20/06, Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just come across the following exotic island:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/wp-hackers?lnk=sg
>
> I  realise that it's probably experimental, but as curiosity
> strikes  I just wanted to know the intent of this. I  notice
> that  there  is  a moderation queue on subscription  and  no
> ability  to  post  (i.e.  read-only).  This  reminds  me  of
> discussions  which  go  back  almost  2  years---those  that
> revolved  around  opening  the  list to  other  channels  of
> access.
>
> The only other mailing list which I know registers itself as
> a  Google group (as opposed to UseNet or Gmane) is the Horde
> mailing list/s. Is this going to come live at some stage? Is
> it  by any means backed by Automattic? Is it another  mirror
> such as those mail2forum setups that led to some awkwardness
> in the past (messages bouncing)?
>
> Sorry, but I couldn't resist asking...
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-September/008273.html
and http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-September/thread.html#8266
are probably relevant. I'm guessing that group was the offspring from
that little "experiment."

--
Joey Brooks
Milk Carton Designs || milkcartondesigns.com