[wp-hackers] Adding Users via plugin

Pat Cavit pcavit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:23:09 GMT 2005

I'm working on updating my LDAP authentication plugin so that (if you
so choose) it can automatically register users who successfully
authenticate against the LDAP server.  So far, I've had a patch
submitted to me that is more or less a copy of the 'adduser' block in
wp-admin/users.php

My question would be: is there a better way to do this?  I'm looking
into output buffering and faking POST data so that I can include
users.php into my plugin and have it register people via the official
WP codepath but it still seems pretty gross.  Is there any sort of
cleaner interface/method of registering a user inside of a plugin?

Searching the Codex, WP Code, and Google has left me empty-handed so
far.  Thus I turn to you, my fellow WP hackers.