[wp-hackers] Flexible Installation Process

Douglas Daulton apakuni at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:19:55 GMT 2005

This flexible installer would be useful for more than just il8n folks.  It
would also prove extremely helpful for folks who maintain a wide variety of
WP installs on different servers for different folks.

So, if I want every site I create to have Spam Karma, WP-Contact and 4 other
plugins installed, activated and configured a particular way, the
create_defaults() function could go along way towards this goal.

I was going to create a custom WP distro for myself that would address this
need, but it makes much more sense to have the guts of the "roll your own"
subsystem as part of the core.  Then, everyone can take advantage of the
toolset.

Doug