[wp-design] Molly talks about WP2

Michael Heilemann heilemann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:06:41 GMT 2006

As far as I'm concerned, nothing is sacred until it's good enough,
everything I've done and will do included.

Joen, I'd love it if you could find the time and rip a new one in the
Write Page, which still acts as the 'generic look', so we can figure
out whether you're drunk and raving or not ;)

On 1/5/06, Joen Asmussen <joen at noscope.com> wrote:
> Joshua,
>
>  >

> Why are you commenting on current interface in 2.0
> final? Can you address
> your comment to current Shuttle's mock-up instead? Or
> the whole thing you
> said above still applies to current Shuttle mockup?
>
> The bulk of my rant was to get some steam built for going simple and
> clean with the remaining elements (not the tabs, or "pods", as they're
> sliced and ready as I understand it.
>
> Michael Heilemann wrote:
> > I couldn't agree more Joen. The 2.0 implementation of Shuttle is
> > sub-par at best. I would personally have preferred sticking with 1.5
> > to be honest, at least it was pseudo-consistent within its own style.
> >
> > But what is your view on Shuttle as it is now (Write Page v28)? If
> > that is implemented to the T, how would you feel about that?
> >
> If Wordpress 2.1 can look almost exactly like our shuttle screenshot,
> I'll be a much happier man.
>
> * It'll be consistent in colors style and stuff
> * It'll look like we actually put thought into it
>
> If we could address the following issues as well, I'll almost be really
> happy.
>
> * Icons
> We need a common style on these. I'm LOVING the Silk icons everyones
> adopting. But no matter what we choose, they should have the same style.
> Example, the exclamation mark on the current write page compared to the
> "i" or "log out".
>
> * Collapse icons are visually too indistinct compared to their importance
>
> * If we could at all cut back on some of the blue, I think it'd benefit.
> Maybe remove the bar in the bottom? Maybe re-do the "code" tab, maybe
> (gasp), go gray on the background behind the shuttle logo?
>
> Joshua, I know how hard you've been working on this, and I don't want to
> touch stuff that you've already gotten to work. The pods and the tabs
> are sacred, correct? Is there anything else that's "hands-off" for me?

Aloha,
Michael Heilemann
http://binarybonsai.com