[wp-design] Where are we at?

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Wed Sep 21 07:48:17 GMT 2005

>     Tickle ninjas right. Remember, they're just farmboys fighting
>     oppression.
>

> Luke Skywalker is a ninja!?...

Well, well yes, in a sense.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

It is popularly believed that the ancient ninja were peasants, forbidden
under law from studying the samurai swordplay techniques because of
feudal Japan's caste <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste> structure

>     We could also go overboard, and give users, icons or themes an
>     icon. Not
>     a customized, but an icon, sort of to give value to these externally
>     added things.
>

> What do you mean by this?

I'm sorry I had just awoken, so it's pretty garbled.

I meant, I wouldn't MIND particularly, if we also added a generic "User"
icon, a generic "Theme" icon, and a generic "Plugin" icon. You probably
know the MSN messenger user icon. The reaction is (even though the icon
sucks), AH! That's a User.

A Theme icon could help by communicating "this is a visual style", and a
Plugin icon could help communicate "this is an addon".

I'm not saying we have to do this, i'm saying we could, and I wouldn't
throw throwing stars at people lobbying for it. :)