[wp-design] It IS version 18 :)

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Fri Sep 2 18:30:37 GMT 2005

Chris Davis wrote:

> I agree with khaleds points except for one.  I really dig the tabs in
> this mockup.  Maybe because I am a mac user, the glass look jsut
> bothers me.  I prefer the flat look, maybe do some inner shadowing to
> add some depth?  Mike you are the master of that so take a look, I am
> thinking of a subtler form of the rounded imagery you were using on
> your site not too long ago, one of your first K2 schemes...

Agree, shadowing could help out here, and it would make sense now that
the draggable areas on the right are shadowed.

I was going to suggest that the active tab got nudged a couple of pixels
up, compared to inactive tabs.

Then I got thinking... should we consider the feelings of the
programmers? I mean, the tabs are going to be pretty hard to implement
as they are now... What can we do to make it easier on them?

Oh, and sidenote: the Expand/collapse buttons are a bit too subtle in v.
18 I think. I'm not going to be all passionate like with the rest of the
UI since those are essentially non-standard web elements.

But how about going bigger?

Check out this expand button:
http://newz.dk/templates/newz-gfx1/gfx/forum/expand.gif

It's not really good looking, but it's damn easy to click :)