[wp-design] Re: Is WordPress falling Behind?

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Tue May 10 13:58:48 GMT 2005

I've been meaning to reply to this for a while.

I'll keep this short.

If Typo was compared to WP 1.2, I might go with Typo for the simplicity.

On the other hand, what keeps me with WP 1.5, and why Wordpress is not
at all falling behind by a longshot, is the Themes system and the
revised plugins system, not to mention the bulk of great plugins.

The beauty about themes and plugins is that I can keep things separate
from the WP core files, and update WP as simple as uploading some files.
The plugin architecture is mature to such a degree that almost anyone
can extend the functionality.

Add to that a maturation of the code that simplifies things even more.

That's why for the next small version of Wordpress I would only want
small improvements here and there, bug fixes, and improvements to the
admin interface such as those we've discussed here on the list.

For the next MAJOR version, I can see only one thing: multiblogging.
That is, having multiple blogs on one install, and possibly combining
them in the way MT can do. With the latest post loop improvements,
"rewind" functions etc, I sense the groundwork has been laid out.

1.5.(.1) vs. Typo has Wordpress a clear winner. Thank god for that theme
system.

--

Joen Asmussen

CPH, DENMARK