[wp-design] More thoughts and Logo

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Mon Feb 14 13:47:20 GMT 2005

Chris Davis wrote:

>Yeah, did I miss some conversation where this was decided?  So far I
>haven't seen any consensus on anything.
>

>What are we actually doing here guys?  I am not meaning to sound nasty
>or doom and gloom, but have we actually accomplished anything, other
>than finding out none of us really agree on anything? :)
>
>Just wondering.

As far as I'm concerned, we haven't reached a consensus either. So what
with the core values discussion? I don't know about you guys, but I have
a much better picture in my head about where Matt wants to go, what
Khaled wants to do, and of course what I would like to see. I'm happy to
see that it's actually not so far from eachother.

As I see it, the challenge is two-ways. In one direction lies a new
visual identity / branding of Wordpress. Down that road we have the
words "classic", "flexible", "friendly", "speed" and a bunch of other
values that represent where we each see this going. It might just be me,
but those values are much easier to translate into something concrete,
than it would be to grab air.

In the other direction, we have an admin revamp, requiring one or two
usability overhauls that should visually connect to the branding
direction Wordpress is taking.

So have we accomplished anything? I personally think so. Sorry if I've
wasted your time. Or did I miss anything?

--

Joen Asmussen

CPH, DENMARK
ICQ: 2462161, AIM: workjoen