[wp-design] Two questions

Chris Davis chrisdmitri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:20:01 GMT 2005

hmmm... good question.

The brand doesn't "represent" anything to me really, at least at this
moment.  And I think that is okay.

As for what it lacks, I think we need a shorter wordmark to use as
well.  I have always thought  just a WP would be great, since that is
what most people refer to the project as anyway.

I am not sure what we should do imagery wise for the logo.  I think a
"press" is a bit trite and obvious.  I think we should start thinking
of what does WordPress really do, what is it that makes it so great,
that makes blogging so great.

I have always thought it was the fact that we are connected through
our blogs to a global conversation that we can all participate in
fully and equally.  WordPress gives its users a voice, a stage from
which to announce to the world this is what I think and how I feel.
Empowerment is the core of this trend, and I think we should start
thinking about how we can draw on that and establish a brand around
it.

Anyway I am just rambling... take it or leave it.

Chris