[wp-design] To sum up

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:27:26 GMT 2005

Talking via e-mail suits me just fine, that way everything is kept in one place.

Now then about the WP branding. Chris raises a good point and Matt's
correct that it is pretty well recognised, but that doesn't mean that
it's the best there is. Not a mac user but I'll run a parallel that
I'm sure you'll appreciate, which do you like more technicoloured
apple or new slick and polished apple?

What I'm trying to get at is the fact that the quality of WP as
software is completely recognised, however one thing it's not known
for is it's design sense. I think that rebranding WP won't take away
from what already exists but will hopefully strengthen it.

I don't think we'll be proposing logos colour schemes etc that are
different for the sake of being different, but at the same time I
don't think we should restrict ourselves either.

Having you on board Matt ensures that you see the creative process and
therefore can say, 'no that won't work,..because....'