[wp-design] Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!

Michael Heilemann heilemann at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 21:43:46 GMT 2005

Hey guys,

I won't let Khaled have all the fun, so I did some quick mocking
around with his version 16, and I've attached the results. When I get
a PSD of 16 I'll mock it up 'for real'.

Changes made:

1) I changed the underscored link to a white tab, which leads
directly into the page. It's a bit brutal in size right now, but I
personally think it works very well.
2) I removed the white line between the first and second row of tabs,
it was confusing to the eye.
3) I added a note about amount of comments in moderation queue in the
header. Not particularly subtle, but I think it's important enough to
have there. Feel free to disagree ;)
4) I added rounded boxes to the sidebar.

If I had had the PSD, I would also have tried changing the dark color
of the chosen tab to a gray of some sort. But I'm not sure how that
would've worked...

Either way, from now on I personally won't mind if we just send
around a PSD, space and bandwidth is no concern to me anyway.

- Mike