[wp-design] Latest 1.6

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Fri Aug 12 21:58:39 GMT 2005

> If you guys can try out the latest 1.6 build I'd be curious to hear
> your thoughts.

Very_freakin_cool.

Huge kudos.

I have a few comments, of course, most of them are drawn directly on the
image.

BASICALLY, I love that few snippets are being implemented as we go. It
allows us to test things, see how they work, and refine the final PSD
mockup as we go along. This way the WP team has something to steer
towards, and we have something to test.

I realize this is an early "do not test" alpha, etc. so some of these
comments are bound to be moot, but i'll still comment.

* Could we switch primary and secondary navigation? It really benefits
more to have the primary navigation be tabs and the secondary be ...
well, something else. A simple switch would make a world of a difference.

* GUI Widgets -- I know this has been discussed at lenght, and again my
recommendation is: unstyled. If, however, we go styled input boxes etc,
at the very least we should keep two important aspects of the input box:
inset shadowed, and white background.

* Collapse/expand icons should look MORE like default GUI
collapse/expand buttons. I attached a modified toggle.png file.

Very nice!

--

Joen Asmussen

CPH, DENMARK