[wp-design] [Fwd: Re: WordPress Logo]

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Wed Apr 6 08:09:55 GMT 2005

How embarrassing that this email drowned in my mailbox! This email, and
even the followups!

I like it! I like it a lot.

This is _exactly_ in the "direction" that I was personally thinking
Wordpress should go.

It's got the love, it's got the simplicity, it's got some colours that
haven't been too branded by other CMS's yet, it's got many things going
for it.

I can't believe I actually hadn't seen these when we met in Copenhagen :)

I actually think I'm going to throw in a vote for the "heart_logo.jpg"

However, with all this said, a few tweaks should be made to the logos
first. I agree with Chris, that the hearts need a little tweaking. This
could be done by slightly increasing the spacing between the left and
right side of the logo. There are some vectors there that need a little
love as well. Plus, it's as though the whole balance / shape of the logo
is just a little off... but this could all just be if it was a sketch.

Secondly, while I really like the rounded font (HelveticaRounded?),
there's something just a little... off, about it. Heck, it might even be
a stretch to go from Dante to HelveticaRounded right away... but I'm not
sure about this, I still like it. I'd definitely want Denis do work on a
custom typography -- maybe the direction Sari has taken could work?
(Sari can be seen as the font on the tabs of http://www.sporkle.com/ -
it's got the rounded quality of HelvRounded, but with the accentuation
of a Serif).

Finally, I don't like the apple'ish drop shadow beneath the big heart.
To be honest, that seems like an implementation / design WITH the logo,
rather than plainly a logo. However, that might be exactly what Denis
wanted to show: how the logo COULD be used. But I'd mention it anyway.

*cheering*
DENIS DENIS DENIS DENIS

:)