[theme-reviewers] Why can't theme authors have a second version of a theme?

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 16:42:21 UTC 2014

*@Bruce* - I'm not really even worried about the legality of anything.
Ultimately, whether non-profit or not, wordpress.org is ultimately someone
else's website and to be hosted on their site we must play by their rules.
Fortunately, it's a community that doesn't generally set hard-and-fast
rules and say take it or leave and instead allows open debate like this.

All one needs to do is take a step back, remove both .org and the developer
from the equation and think about what's going to cause the least amount of
frustration for the end-user.

That's how our internal conversations go down with the CyberChimps team. To
me, that seems like the most logical and objective approach.

*@tskk79* - Alright, well I'll thank you for your input and wish you a good
weekend. Hopefully we can put a pin in this until Monday.