[theme-reviewers] Why can't theme authors have a second version of a theme?

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 04:19:35 UTC 2014

*@tskk79* - Trademarks are very specific, not broad. And generic terms are
used for product/company names all the time, Apple, Windows etc.

In terms of a WordPress theme name, we were the first to use "Responsive"
in commerce and have overwhelmingly established that we are the official
"Responsive WordPress theme", that's not to say that other themes cannot
use the word "responsive" in their descriptions, they just cannot use it as
a theme name or apart of a theme name in any manner that might cause brand
and consumer confusion.

*@Emil* - Sounds good. Again, we're not trying to pull one over on anyone,
we're trying to do what makes the most sense for protecting end-user.
Please discuss amongst yourselves and decide how we can proceed.

Thank you.