[theme-reviewers] Forking A Theme

Aadit Gupta adiji2014 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:25:10 UTC 2014

Hello Everybody,

Just a question on the same line....I have seen a couple of themes which
have used Twenty Twelve and Twenty Thirteen as their base theme/ code. The
designers have added various design elements like theme options, CSS styles
and other things like Contact form which do not come with Twenty Twelve and
Thirteen.....So, if someone has to do this ...will it count as a Fork ?

I am also thinking about the GPL license where anyone can use the GPL
source code to create a new product under his name (not copyright).

Thanks, Adi