[theme-reviewers] Any restrictions on Custom Theme Framework

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:34:09 UTC 2014

Tina -

Simply put, code is code.

If you are creating a theme from your own framework (which is great BTW)
does not create any additional restrictions on the code because you label
it a "framework". It's still code when you get right down to it and that is
what the review is about for the most part ... and provided you are
following the guidelines and best practices then it should be fine. The one
thing I would strongly recommend is ensuring there is appropriate
documentation for the reviewer(s) to be able to understand your "framework".

On a personal note, an unintended external audit of my own "framework
theme" has made me realize the documentation, no matter how thorough you
may think it is, probably could be better (*grin*) ... this my
recommendation above (which is not a requirement for your theme to meet).

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.