[theme-reviewers] Redux framework may be dialing home

Kelly Dwan kelly.dwan+themes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:55:41 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I noticed an issue with the Redux framework while reviewing. It appears to
be "dialing home", sending system and install info back to
https://redux-tracking.herokuapp.com. I think it's sending this data even
if you've opted-out, due to a loose comparison: allow_tracking is set to
"yes" or "no" when you dismiss the "can we track you" pointer, and
later it checks
"yes" or "no" against true
<https://github.com/ReduxFramework/redux-framework/blob/master/ReduxCore/inc/tracking.php#L95>,
which evals to true, and sets up tracking.

In addition to the theme I'm reviewing, there are other themes already
approved that use this framework, and seem to be doing the same thing.

--Kelly