[theme-reviewers] Licensing /Trademark Question Ticket#20488

Kenya Sullivan kenya at papernpen.com
Mon Oct 13 22:32:43 UTC 2014

I would like an admin to review ticket #20488. The submitter has a theme
which is a clone or "lite" version of a theme owned by a Theme company. I
recommended Not Approving, however the submitter states he has a written
letter from the theme company giving permission to make a "lite" version.

My initial thoughts are if written permission is required for use then it
doesn't meet the requirements for inclusion on wordpress.org.

Please review and provide guidance.

Thanks in advance

Kenya