[theme-reviewers] theme-reviewers Digest, Vol 53, Issue 112

Bego Mario Garde pixolin at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 14:27:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

being a Team Review Team Trainee I stumbled upon a theme review
guideline that is somewhat ambiguous:

https://make.wordpress.org/themes/handbook/guidelines/license-theme-name-credit-links-up-sell-themes/#copyright

  Themes are required to declare copyright and license information as
specified by the applicable license, e.g.:
  "Twenty Fourteen WordPress Theme, Copyright 2014 WordPress.org"
  "Twenty Fourteen is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL"

Do I understand it right, that this only applies to themes that *have* a
copyright and license information ("if a theme has a copyright, then do
it this way…") or does that mean, each theme *needs* a copyright and
license information ("Themes are required to declare copyright!")?

My knowledge is, a Copyright registration is not mandatory
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_registration#Is_registration_required.3F).

Could someone give me a hand and explain, how it is meant … and probably
rephrase it in the guidelines to make it less ambiguous?

Thank you,
Bego (@pixolin)