[theme-reviewers] Is after_setup_theme required?

myazalea myazalea at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 21:40:47 UTC 2014

But what is the correct hook is not that well documented. If you look at the codex for register_nav_menu it doesn't mention any hooks, and for add_theme_support it sais "if" attached to a hook.
It seems more like advice than requirement.
I'll try to be more specific, but right now it's just too late ;)

Skickat från min Samsung Mobil

What's required is that themes appropriately execute their code on the
correct hook rather than arbitrarily executing it in `functions.php`. If
something should be done on the `after_setup_theme` hook, the theme author
should create a function and execute his or her code on that hook.