[theme-reviewers] How to request "grandfathered" exception to WP 3.9 Theme guidelines?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Mar 6 18:29:54 UTC 2014

If Bruce wants to discuss a *migration plan*, that's perfectly acceptable.
He and other developers have used them before.

But the potential "site breakage" is already inherent in the Themes
impacted by the change, if they've been facilitating users to put
Theme-unrelated (i.e. arbitrary) scripts in the site header and footer via
Theme options. So, a blanket exception? No, I don't think that's the right
approach.