[theme-reviewers] How to request "grandfathered" exception to WP 3.9 Theme guidelines?

Bruce Wampler weavertheme at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:37:47 UTC 2014

After reviewing the impacts on my themes of the proposed 3.9 theme
guidelines, I've reached the conclusion that conforming to one particular
new requirement will seriously impact my thousands of existing users - many
many users would have their options simply disappear, thus breaking their
sites. Because of the way the Settings API work, this particular option
would simply be erased.

I was working on complying when I discovered this serious problem. There is
no solution I can figure out to avoid existing users losing settings upon
update.

How do I go about requesting getting a permanent "grandfathered" exemption
to one of the new guidelines for my existing themes?

Bruce Wampler