[theme-reviewers] index.php , home.php and blog-page.php

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Jun 26 16:08:27 UTC 2014

Yes, there are currently approved Themes that are doing it wrong. That's
why I wrote a tutorial on it, and why I've been placing so much emphasis on
it during final approval.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Imon Themes <imon.theme at gmail.com> wrote:

> by the way @chip
>
> i checked some currently approved theme using blog-page.php
>

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Imon Themes <imon.theme at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> can i make index.php as blog page
>>
>> mean i can use this code in index.php header
>>
>> <?php
>>     /* Template Name: Blog */
>>     get_header();
>> ?>
>>
>> and make home.php as default font page
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:56 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You cannot use blog-page.php custom page template for the blog posts
>>> index. You must correctly implement the core Template Hierarchy, which uses
>>> the home.php template file for the blog posts index.
>>>
>>> Users set up a static front page like so:
>>>
>>> 1. Create two static pages, which we'll call "Front Page" and "Blog"
>>> 2. In Settings -> Reading, set "Front page displays" to "a static page"
>>> 3. In Settings -> Reading, set "Front page" to "Front Page"