[theme-reviewers] Child theme settings overwriting parent theme settings

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 18 23:34:29 UTC 2014

I agree with this. If you're using the get_theme_mod and set_theme_mod
functions for all your theme options, then there is no conflict. Each theme
will have its own set of settings entirely.

Also, theme-mods are by far the easiest way to use the Theme Customizer
screen. Realistically, I think all themes should try to use that instead of
any form of get_option and such.

-Otto