[theme-reviewers] Use TGM library in a theme package.

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jun 5 09:42:09 UTC 2014

Like any library, it can be used or misused. So it's not dis-allowed, but
certain ways of using it can be.

- Themes may not automatically install or require the installation of
plugins. The TGM code allows for this, but that functionality cannot be
used.
- Themes may not install plugins from third parties, outside of the
WordPress.org plugins directory, or recommend their use.
- Themes must work without any of their recommended plugins installed, and
should be reviewed that way as well.
- The TGM Plugin must pass Theme Check. It is not exempt from the
requirements of all other code in the directory.

I would generally recommend against the use of the TGM code in a theme
intended to be in the directory. Frankly, the code is overkill for the
purposes to which it can be validly used in a theme hosted on
WordPress.org. It's perfectly fine code, but it supports a lot more
functionality than we can reasonably allow in the directory, which makes it
more difficult to review properly.

Relatively easy check: If the theme auto-installs any plugins, or contains
any directives to install a plugin from outside wordpress.org, then it's a
not-approved.

-Otto