[theme-reviewers] Payment Option for Theme Reviews

Stephen Cui scui2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 19:15:55 UTC 2014

Pay-to-play is definitely not an option. But how can we improve the
process? I was an active reviewer before the incentive starts and started
again after the incentive ends. I stopped again as I feel that my
contribution is not valued. If my review cannot be trusted, why am I even
reviewing any themes?

I believe I am quiet experienced on theme review. I know there are
reviewers that are new and some reviews are low-quality. The problem is we
need to wait 3-4 weeks for an admin to point out the problem. This adds
frustration for everyone.

Something has to be done. Many of us are tried to make suggestions. Two
days ago, I suggested Experience Review option. I also suggested if WP
Foundation can hire a full-time Admin. If the option is not possible, let
us find other option. I wish we can have more open discussion about the
solution.

Regards

Stephen