[theme-reviewers] Need Clarification on theme name which is fine as per the guideline and as per the other theme names !

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jul 22 22:07:42 UTC 2014

"Judging the intent of Theme name" = 100% subjective. No guideline can
reasonably be crafted to be fair, objective, or enforceable. We have a
difficult enough time getting all reviewers to understand what "GPL
compatible" means. Do you really think we have a prayer of being successful
at making reviewers all experts in SEO?

In what way does Theme name correlate to Theme quality? Making developers
jump through hoops to come up with Theme names isn't going to make them
magically improve their code or design quality.

It isn't the role of the TRT to police for abuse of WPORG's domain
authority. Our role is to ensure that Themes hosted in the official Theme
directory are of the best-possible quality, providing the best possible
experience for end users. The TRT doesn't speak for the WP Foundation. Otto
does, and has spoken. Any obvious SEO/spam will be dealt with - harshly, I
daresay - by him.

>>> http://www.wordpress.org/themes/premium-responsive-photography
>>> http://www.wordpress.org/themes/responsive-photography
>>> http://www.wordpress.org/themes/responsive-small-business