[theme-reviewers] Is Blog.php is allowed in theme?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Sat Jul 5 13:03:26 UTC 2014

This is missing information.   the only way for a posts loop that does not want to recognize itself as a home page from functions such as is_home or is_front_page is to use a custom blog.php file; the keyword in the article is “index template”  (unless someone can clarify)

for example, say you have an index.php file that has a do_action(‘something’) in it and the function checks if is_front_page() go ahead and execute, you go to settings and set a page to the posts it will recognize that page as is_front_page;   so if you don’t want that (and there are reasons) then a blog.php is the only real solution

now, that’s just my understand on how I got things to work properly for my theme;  if someone has information on the template hierarchy substitute that would be peachy.

(mind you that is WITHOUT changing the template for the home page just not having the blog loop there and moving it to it’s own subpage)