[theme-reviewers] Theme naming feedback

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Jan 23 13:49:48 UTC 2014

Well, as Otto has said about other things: often it's a case-by-case matter.

In your example, if "Acitpo Black" is simply "Acitpo", with a changed (i.e.
black) color scheme, then it would be not-approved as a stand-alone Theme,
and would be required to be resubmitted as a Child Theme of Acitpo. And if
it were a Child Theme of Acitpo, under the current guidelines, it would not
be allowed to use the Parent Theme name in its own name (trademark issue).