[theme-reviewers] Few queries about the new guidelines about WP Admin Theme Promotion.

Tikendra Maitry tikendramaitry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:33:20 UTC 2014

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for replying my queries.
Can you please help me on this
https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15945#comment:6

Best,
Tikendra

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Srikanth Koneru <tskk79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Separate page for your other themes is allowed.
> 2) You can have upsell links, set up instructions on theme options page.
>

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Tikendra Maitry <tikendramaitry at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have few queries about the new guidelines about WP Admin Theme
>> Promotion.
>>
>> http://make.wordpress.org/themes/2013/11/04/wp-admin-theme-promotion/
>>
>> Can anyone please help me regarding this.
>>
>> After going through complete discussion thread, I am still not clear
>> about the statement made in post or we can say in new guidelines:
>>
>> “Adding a Theme info page is fine. Adding a Theme info page that promotes
>> other of the developer’s Themes is fine.”
>>
>> I have two queries:
>>
>> 1. Am I still allowed to have a separate theme info page along with the
>> details of my other theme with respective WPORG theme download link, Theme
>> Demo link and upsell theme link?
>>
>> In my opinion its complicated/confusing to have a tab for it, having a
>> separate page is much better as if user want(if he likes the theme) he can
>> go and check that info page for theme details and other themes.
>>
>> 2. If someone have upsell version of his theme then is he allowed to show
>> setup insctruction link and upsell version link on the "theme option page
>> only”?
>> Best,
>> Tikendra

* Regards,Tikendra Maitry| TechInfini Solutions Pvt. Ltd. 312, Sapphire
Square, Tower Chouraha,Indore M.P. 452001((Office: +91 731
4090357) ((Mobile: +91 9826755144) Website: www.techinfini.com
<http://www.techinfini.com/>, www.tiks.in <http://www.tiks.in/>
E-mail: tikendra at techinfini.com
<tikendra at techinfini.com>, tikendra at maitry.co.in <tikendra at maitry.co.in>
Contact Me [image: Skype:] [image: Y! messenger:] [image: Google
Talk:] [image: MSN:] Follow Me [image: Linkedin]
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/tikendramaitry>[image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/tikendramaitry>[image: Twitter]
<http://twitter.com/tikendramaitry> *