[theme-reviewers] child theme functions.php question

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Thu Feb 20 04:27:56 UTC 2014

one reason is that if the main theme has a an if (function_exists()) for that function wrapped around it that the child theme can add that function and it would use that before the one in the main functions.php

(IF) you are doing something that requires a function to be loaded before the functions.php of the theme;  it’s probably doing-it-wrong (not necessarily wrong but can be done in a different manner that would be better for the overall usage of the function.

I have extensive knowledge in this due to me messing up in how I did things in the past so that if you need some assist on it I can help you out

- Phil