[theme-reviewers] Tracking for themes&plugins

Codeinwp support at codeinwp.com
Fri Feb 7 21:50:04 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

I am thinking for a while at a opt-in tracking solution for our themes and
plugins that don't bother users/wp.org, but still help us build better
products and understand our users and I haven't seen any debate here, so I
am starting it :) .

I came across yoast seo plugin which implement an opt-in tracking that
tracks : posts/comments/theme used/plugins used/pages/number of users and
of course since they receive the tracking request from a site, they can
relate those things with thisismysite.com ( no user tracking, unless you
subscribe ) .

Is this completely acceptable by everyone ?