[theme-reviewers] Make blog post

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Feb 6 06:28:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 12:20 AM, Jose Castaneda <jomcastaneda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Be honest and answer: how many of you knew that Otto was heading the theme
> preview overhaul?

Well, it's kinda news to me, actually. ;)

I would be happy to do so, and would love to fix up the theme previewer. We
need better data to have in it, and I need to talk some people into
sandboxing that system to hell and back, but it's not difficult.

A lot of what I do is based on what the community wants and what is
currently happening. And what I want, of course. But if there's interest
and people willing to get involved, I'm always glad to pitch in and put
things together and make things happen.

But I don't "lead", I follow. I follow the community, I follow the
discussions, I follow what people are talking about... and I try to make
those things better first, because that's where the pulse is and that's
where people are focusing on. The rest of the time, I just provide
suggestions.

I *suggest* that if somebody wants to make a set of "preview data" that
doesn't look like crap, then I'll be more than happy to spend some time
making that happen.

Also, I'll no matter what, I'll stick in a picture of a boat. It just has
to be.