[theme-reviewers] Abandoned/Changed Theme Name, Requesting Transfer

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Apr 18 21:13:04 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Srikanth Koneru <tskk79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think Chip is talking about the reverse, submitting a theme to directory
> with a name thats highly popular elsewhere.

I think it's reasonable to reject a theme based on conflicting names from
elsewhere. If somebody tried to submit a plugin named "Gravity Forms", we'd
reject it because of the name. Work that up into any kind of formal
guideline you like, that's really just my opinion.

Realistically, name choice is all subjective anyway. Probably no good way
to formalize that. It wouldn't matter so much if the directory wasn't so
heavily based on the name of the theme as a unique identifier. But I don't
have a solution to fix that, yet.