[theme-reviewers] paginate_links() function - Reopened tickets

wordpress at thinkupthemes.com wordpress at thinkupthemes.com
Tue Apr 15 11:02:54 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Can I get some clarification on the use of paginate_links() as I
notice that quite a number of themes were reopened yesterday with this
being a common reason.

I've checked the started theme _s and this function is not being used,
instead a custom theme function is used instead. Within twentyfourteen
a custom function is also used, however in this case paginate_links()
is used to form part of the custom function so is used in the
twentyfourteen theme.

Can a theme developer use a custom pagination function to output to a
template file, provided that the function itself incorporates the
WordPress function paginate_links()?

Thanks,

Afzaal