[theme-reviewers] front facing text

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Apr 12 17:13:40 UTC 2014

The reason we require all front-facing *text* to be in English is so that
it is is translatable, with a known default translation.

Text in images isn't translatable, and as such wouldn't fall under a
translation-related guideline.

If non-English text in a screenshot is found to be offensive, it can be
dealt with on a case-by-case basis. I don't see any need to burden
developers with producing screenshots containing only English text, just
because of the off-chance, theoretical risk that it could be offensive.