[theme-reviewers] Removal of parent theme's enqueue function

Zulfikar Nore zulfikarnore at live.com
Sat Sep 21 23:59:38 UTC 2013

Hello review team,
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Re: Subject line...
In a child theme I propose to do this: remove_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'twentythirteen_scripts_styles' );and then enqueue from my own function - is this acceptable?
My reasoning is that I'm changing the CSS and the functions.js to unlock the sidebar in order to prevent it from overflowing in to the footer.I felt doing the way I want to would gives me better control on the CSS and javascript and to be honest, I loath @import and didn't want to fumble with function priorities.
Thanks in advance,Zulf