[theme-reviewers] Feedback on use of query_posts please-Badidea?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Sep 14 11:50:34 UTC 2013

There are multiple options, including conditional statements inside
front-page.php and filtering front_page_template; but don't forget: you
don't *have* to use front-page.php at all.

You can omit it, and package template-featured.php as a custom page
template. That way, the user has the control/option to use the featured
content template on the front page or on a different page, as well as the
control/option to use the featured content template or a default static
page on the site front page.