[theme-reviewers] Feedback on use of query_posts please -Badidea?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Sep 14 02:48:41 UTC 2013

You don't assign front-page.php to a static page, because front-page.php
isn't a custom page template. In fact, front-page.php should *not* even
have a "Template Name:" phpDoc header (which is what would allow it to be
assigned to a static page).

The front-page.php template file is used contextually by WordPress, as per
the Template Hierarchy, based on settings -> reading -> "front page
displays" and "front page".