[theme-reviewers] Feedback on use of query_posts please -Badidea?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Sep 14 02:43:45 UTC 2013

Clearly, something is getting mis-communicated here.

User sets "front page displays" to "a static page". Then assigns pages to
"front page" and "posts page". At this point, the blog posts index is now
no longer displayed on the site front page, but is instead displayed on a
static page.

At this point, the Template Hierarchy indicates that home.php (falling back
to index.php) will be used to render the blog posts index. No custom page
template will be used, even if assigned to the static page designated as
the posts page.