[theme-reviewers] WordPress Themes Download Statistics Counter

Stuart Wider stuartwider at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:35:35 UTC 2013

Just to give some context on my original question...

Chip approved my theme update (thanks Chip) and it appeared on the recently
updated list,
and as you would expect the download counter jumped up a little bit for the
few hours it was on the front page list.

It didnt stay on the front page long as there were quite a theme updates
approved that day, but I noticed that the download counter was still
ticking over... it didnt immediately die off after it left the front page.

So, I was just curious as much as anything whether the additional downloads
were genuinely new downloads or just the few thousand people out there who
have already installed the theme and doing an update.

And if that were the case, then it would mean that over time, as any
popular theme gets many thousands of users, just the act of pushing out an
update might be enough to make it top-of-the-pops for a while as the update
gets downloaded.

So, the question is just out of general interest to know what I'm actually
seeing when I look at that stat, rather than any particular concern. :)