[theme-reviewers] Update preview not showing latest version

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Oct 31 19:06:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Please allow time for cached servers to clear. If the issue still persists
> after 24 hours, let us know; because at that point, something probably went
> wrong somewhere.

Actually, it can last much longer than 24 hours, I think. Still, it
does clear eventually.

PROTIP: If the stylesheet actually changed in a version, and you're
doing something like this:

wp_enqueue_style( 'style', get_stylesheet_uri(), '', '1.1' );

Then you should probably update that version number. Those version
numbers in wp_enqueue_style calls are specifically there for
cache-busting purposes. Not just on the previewer, but for all sites
that use any form of caching mechanisms for static content. It would
make sense to have the version in that call match the version of the
theme.